Eat your dinner in front of the TV tonight and join the conversation in the comments below, as the Preds and Blue Jackets battle for playoff position at 6 p.m. Central time. Feel free to try out some of the commenting features using the "Action" link next to each comment in the thread; in particular, "Rec" (for recommend) your favorites to get them highlighted within the overall list. This is important, because in the new Game Pages, the most highly-recommended comments within a game thread get presented along with related articles.
While munching on your Happy Meal, here's some reading material to keep you busy:
- Yahoo's Puck Daddy blog talks about 18 different coaches as to why they won't win the Jack Adams Award for NHL Coach of the Year, without mentioning Barry Trotz. Does that mean he's a cinch to win it?
- Tonight's Preds/BJ's tilt is #2 on E.J. Hradek's list of important games in the NHL.
- Check out the transcript of an online chat with Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Blue Jackets, which includes a lot of talk about the Preds.
- Jibblescribbits, a fine Colorado Avalanche blog, takes Woody Paige out to the woodshed over a ridiculous column outlining his plan to blow up and remake the Avs, which includes hiring Patrick Roy as coach and bringing back former Jack Adams Award-winner Bob Hartley as his assistant.
- Puck Daddy also has another piece asking whether getting the NHL back on ESPN would help the league. Personally, I don't think so...
- From the Rink brings news of more ECHL teams folding, as costs conspire to make some teams untenable.