I'm sure some of you are still giddy about last night's "Motown Miracle", but let's take a look at news & notes from around the web...
- First, reactions to last night's game from Preds on the Glass, What the Puck, The View from 111, and Paul McCann.
- It sounds like the St. Louis fans are a bit cranky over last night's Preds victory...
- Barry Trotz is included in some "Pressing Questions" by Craig Custance of the Sporting News.
- If the Preds don't make the playoffs, Trotz appears to be on the short list of head coaching candidates for Team Canada at this year's World Hockey Championships in Switzerland.
- 2008 1st-round pick Colin Wilson led his Boston Univeristy Terriers into the NCAA Championship Game with 2 goals and an assist last night against Vermont. Two-Line Pass also has a look at the college star.
- Wilson is also a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award, which is to be handed out this weekend. So who's Hobey Baker, you might ask? Only an incredible two-sport athlete, and fighter pilot to boot. Check out Greatest Hockey Legends for a look at Hobey Baker. While you're there, you can also get a look at Colin's dad, Carey Wilson, who also has a bio there. Did you know that Carey was 2nd in rookie scoring only to Mario Lemieux back in the 1984-5 season?
- Section 303 reminds us about the NHL Tweetup set for The Closing Bell on Demonbreun Street on Wednesday, April 15.
- Jason Kay at the Hockey News promotes an idea I am totally on board for - going back to four divisions, and having to play your way out of those divisions in the first two rounds of the playoffs, like it used to be in the "good old days."