Their season may be over, but there's still plenty of Nashville Predators-related news and notes to pass along...
- The Tennessean has two interesting articles this morning. First, a review of the Preds who will become unrestricted free agents...
- And secondly, talk of Steve Sullivan focusing on strength and conditioning in order to ensure that his back is in good shape, and he can take a shot at playing 1,000 NHL games. That piece also gives us the details on some of the injuries that hobbled the team down the stretch, beyond the old upper vs. lower body injury nonsense that the NHL allows teams to get away with.
- Remember, if you're considering a renewal of your season ticket plan, the deadline to take advantage of the "2/20 Loyalty Plan" has been extended to this Thursday, April 23rd.
- Found via The View From 111, those of you who followed Mirtle's series of posts on Hockey in Nashville might be interested in a photo journal of his vacation in Tennessee, courtesy of his friend and colleague from the Globe & Mail.
- MassLive.com profiles Preds assistant GM Paul Fenton, a Massachusetts native. Paul is also the GM of the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals, and is speculated about often as a future NHL general manager, particularly with Minnesota's job open at the present time.
- Speaking of Predators front office guys who might be deserving of a step up, Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal opines that Edmonton GM Steve Tambellini should look at Predators associate head coach Brent Peterson to replace the outgoing Craig MacTavish.
- Everybody is talking about the playoffs so far, they've certainly been entertaining. I hope to get some thoughts up later today as well.