No pressure, eh? Riddled with injuries and needing a win to keep pace with the Blues and Ducks for playoff position, our Preds head into the United Center tonight to take on the Blackhawks. Jump into the comments below to discuss the game, and keep an eye on the scoreboard to see if Calgary can knock off the Wild in Minnesota.
Be sure to check out the preview, along with some other material to tide you over before the game starts and during intermission:
- MC79Hockey defends Craig MacTavish's decision regarding the infamous illegal stick call that backfired, cutting short an attempted Edmonton comeback against Anaheim earlier this week. All too often, analysis of a particular decision is made based on the result, not the actual merit of the logic involved.
- Canucks & Beyond brings the terrible news that Vancouver's Taylor Pyatt lost his fiancee today in a fatal car wreck in Jamaica.
- Red Wings coach Mike Babcock names Chris Osgood as his starting goaltender when the playoffs start. Hey, it's not like he's as bad as Johan Hedberg...
- The owner of the Dallas Stars is apparently in default on $525 million in loans tied to his ownership of the Stars and MLB's Texas Rangers. I wonder what kind of message the collections guy leaves on Tom Hicks' answering machine?
- When Worlds Collide: Alexander Ovechkin meets LeBron James.
- Puck Daddy over at Yahoo has a great interview with Minnesota rookie Cal Clutterbuck.