I know, it's Monday morning, but hey, the Preds have climbed back into 8th in the West! Here's the word on the team this morning:
- David Boclair at the Nashville City Paper reminds us how dynamic Steve Sullivan has been since returning from his back injury, and raises the issue of how the team will approach re-signing Sully, who will be a free agent this summer.
- John Glennon at the Tennessean gives credit to an aggressive forecheck for the big comeback win over Columbus last Saturday, and for good reason. The Bonk goal, in particular, was entirely set up due to the Blue Jackets defensemen worrying more about getting hit by Tootoo than playing the puck.
- Glennon also notes that while the Preds can lock up a playoff spot by winning their final three games, they face a tough road. Home vs. Chicago on Tuesday, then road games in Detroit and Minnesota to close out the regular season.
- David Climer chimes in once again with a Predators-related column (shocking!), and notes how Barry Trotz targeted the 90-point mark months ago as the likely cutoff for the postseason.
- Lastly, here's a personal account of one fan's emotional, final Predators game before moving away to Europe.
Thankfully, Preds fans can enjoy the evening off, as no games of relevance to the playoff struggle are scheduled. In the meantime, check out the latest Section 303 podcast (I'll be their guest next week), and tune into Hockeybuzz Radio and Preds on the Glass tonight.