Traditionalists may deplore the fact that victory can be determined in the shootout, but the Nashville Predators will celebrate a big win over the Chicago Blackhawks by shootout, blowout, or whatever. A win's a win, and this is a good way to build momentum before heading for road games at Toronto, Montreal and Carolina this week.
Follow after the jump for the video highlights, reaction, and advanced stats...
The Preds head out on another long road trip before returning to Bridgestone Arena Wednesday, November 24 against the St. Louis Blues, so use the OtF discount to save money on Nashville Predators tickets for this, or any other home game. Remember, Preds tickets can make a great holiday gift, so look through the schedule, and pick out a game!
First, the video highlights...
- Ryan Suter gave us all a scare when Jack Skille caught him along the boards and banged that knee which was injured against Calgary. After an early trip to the dressing room, he came back and ended up playing 8:46 in the 3rd period, leading the team, so that bodes well for his continued recovery.
- Shane O'Brien's goal was a nice piece of teamwork - a heady pass by Marcel Goc to find him, but SOB was in great position to bang that home, which can't be overlooked.
- The shootout is typically a coin-flipping exercise, but at least Pekka Rinne is building up a strong resume on his end. A typical save percentage in the shootout is .667, but two years ago he pitched .792, and last season was .756.
- Some of the Preds had a rough night on the faceoff dot. Cal O'Reilly went 5-for-19, and Jerred Smithson 6-for-16.
- The PK killed all 4 Chicago chances, and the power play went 1-for-3? I like it, I love it...
- Yes, the sold-out crowd featured a lot of Blackhawks fans in the building. There will come a time when we'll want to shut opposing fans out of Bridgestone Arena, but the franchise isn't there yet. A sellout in mid-November is a great thing for this franchise, especially considering how things are going in some other NHL cities.
- Sorry I didn't have this up earlier, I had a rec-league game to play late last night, a tough 4-2 loss in a rough & tumble affair.
And for your advanced even-strength stats...
|Even Strength||Individual Totals||Team Totals While Player Is On Ice|
|Player||Pos||EV TOI||Shots||Shts Blkd||Missed Shts||Blocks||SOG For||SOG Ag||SOG +/-||Tot SF||Tot SA||Corsi|
Be sure to "Like" our site on Facebook (now at www.facebook.com/OnTheForecheck)! To keep up with all of our coverage of the Nashville Predators, you can follow us on Twitter (@Forechecker, @predatweeter, @SLakePreds & @AdsRoundtable) and if you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.