- Is it cost? Die-hards are re-upping for their season tickets at this time, and might find the additional burden of playoff ticket prices difficult.
- Is it scheduling? Tuesday and Thursday dates aren't the easiest to sell out, especially with later-than-usual start times (8:00 p.m. Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. Thursday) during the playoffs.
- Is it TCAP? The annual standardized tests are monopolizing kids' school time this week, so many parents will presumably not allow their children to stay out late cheering on the Preds, or babysitting for adults who'd like to go.
- Are fans waiting to see if this team can do more than bow out in the first round before jumping aboard the "Smashville Express"?
- Is it marketing? George Plaster at 104.5 loves to blast the team for not getting the word out more aggressively over the last week that so many tickets were available. Then again, he could just be beating the drum to get the team to purchase more advertising on his station.
The answer probably lies in some combination of the above - but what do you think?