I tried to calculate what needs to happen around the NHL for the Preds to get either the 5th seed. There might be a few errors, so let me know in the comments if you find one.
The Predators get the 5th overall position in the Western Conference if:
- Preds defeat both PHX and STL
- Kings lose to either ANA, PHX, EDM, or COL in overtime or regulation
- Preds defeat either PHX or STL
- Kings gain 5 or less points in 3 remaining games (ANA, PHX, EDM, COL)
- Red Wings lose to either CBJ (2x) or CHI in regulation
- Preds lose both remaining games against PHX and STL
- Kings gain 3 or less points in 3 remaining games (ANA, PHX, EDM, COL)
- Red Wings gain 4 or less points in 3 remaining games (CBJ, CBJ, CHI)
- Avalanche lose to either VAN, EDM, CHI, or LAK in either regulation or overtime
This FanPost was written by an OTF reader, and does not represent the views of the editorial staff. Got something you'd like to share? <a href="http://www.sbnation.com/admin/entries/new?community_id=208&entry_type=FanPost" target="new">Post your own</a>!