As you all who have been following this site have noticed during the road trip, our beloved OnTheForecheck.com has seen a major spike in activity in game threads, and more interaction as the season has gone on. What better time to capitalize on this hullabaloo than have ourselves a viewing party. Right? Right.
As the Nashville Bars Examiner (plug), I would advise a place that:
- Serves draft beers. Several of them, in fact. Especially Yazoo.
- It needs to be kid-friendly. We don't need to be having this at Anthony's Showplace. Sorry, Seth.
- Nice location, central perhaps. Some of us live in the woods to the west, or in Rutherford.
- Possible group seating area. While we're not expecting to take over a whole sports bar, we would like to get some space so we can be all social and stuff.
- Most important to some of us, it HAS to be hockey friendly. While yes, Alabama college basketball is a big deal and all, but it bows to hockey for supremacy. Bonus points if it's a Preds friendly place.
Village Pub owner Jesse was awesome. Happy hour runs 4 to 7, and expect a “loud, vocal crowd”. He advised to be there before 6.
Village Pub is off McGavock by Riverside Dr.
Also, for the Columbus game I will be heading west to good ol' Dickson on the 22nd. Feel free to join me at O'Charleys.
Feel free to unrec this, as we now have a new thread with up to date comments.That new thread.