With the 4 signings today it seemed to be a good time to see what the opening night roster could look like. Having said that, I don't believe that David Poile is done, in fact, we are $9 mm under the floor, and $17 mm under the midpoint with only Weber and SK74 to sign. Given that I am taking a shot at the roster now, given the assumptions below:
- SK74 re-signs no matter what the arbitrator rules.
- Frankie B. is able to play by opening night.
- Geoffrion is moved to Left Wing, due to our abundance of Centers, lack of left hand shooters, and the fact that he seems to be more of a sniper than a playmaker
- We carry 2 extra forward, and 2 extra defensemen (I realize this is not likely, but humor me)
- The intriguing line to me here is the O'Reilly line. It is an interesting mix of speed, skill, and power (if Wilson would use it). At home, the coaches could control the matchups and give them the ability to dominate lesser competition. On the road, their defensive deficiencies could be exploited by our competition.
- The big question here is do we break up Weber and Suter on the first PP unit and let Ellis QB. Then use Suter as the QB on the 2nd unit, perhaps with 4 forwards.
- Last year Peks started 78% of the games, mostly due to injuries. Does this number go up?
One man's very early opinion, your thoughts?