The Nashville Predators and St. Louis Blues played a wildly entertaining, close contest tonight at Bridgestone Arena, with the Blues getting their first win this season over Nashville, 3-2 after a shootout. The win widens the Blues' lead over the Preds for 4th place in the West to four points, with each team having 21 games remaining.
Video highlights and post-game reaction from this one follow after the jump:
Cue the video (might take 30-45 minutes post-game to work):
We've got loads of post-game audio from this one:
Your random observations:
- Boy, that first period wasn't exactly one for the scrapbook, was it? Let's move on...
- We saw the give and take which comes with rookies in the second period with Roman Josi. He jumps into a rush nicely and finishes off the 2-on-1 with Brandon Yip, but later on makes a poor choice when trying to clear the puck up the boards, turning it over and leading to the Blues' second goal.
- Then Darren Dreger broke word that Dustin Brown might actually be available in L.A., and I pretty much lost focus on the game after that.
- Wilson's backhander reminded me of the goal he scored at Dallas a couple games ago.
- By all accounts, it sounds like the Preds didn't recognize Arnott's return during the game. Personally, I think that's pretty poor.