The Nashville Predators and St. Louis Blues played a wildly entertaining, close contest tonight at Bridgestone Arena, with the Blues getting their first win this season over Nashville, 3-2 after a shootout. The win widens the Blues' lead over the Preds for 4th place in the West to four points, with each team having 21 games remaining.
Video highlights and post-game reaction from this one follow after the jump:
Cue the video (might take 30-45 minutes post-game to work):
We've got loads of post-game audio from this one:
Your random observations:
- Boy, that first period wasn't exactly one for the scrapbook, was it? Let's move on...
- We saw the give and take which comes with rookies in the second period with Roman Josi. He jumps into a rush nicely and finishes off the 2-on-1 with Brandon Yip, but later on makes a poor choice when trying to clear the puck up the boards, turning it over and leading to the Blues' second goal.
- Then Darren Dreger broke word that Dustin Brown might actually be available in L.A., and I pretty much lost focus on the game after that.
- Wilson's backhander reminded me of the goal he scored at Dallas a couple games ago.
- By all accounts, it sounds like the Preds didn't recognize Arnott's return during the game. Personally, I think that's pretty poor.
Who is your Predator of the Game?
The one who made that really good play (16 votes)
The guy who made that other really good play (21 votes)
BRING US DUSTIN BROWN, MR. POILE (227 votes)
264 total votes