April 7 2012; Denver, CO, USA; Nashville Predators fans holds a sign for members of the team making the playoffs before the start of the game against the Colorado Avalanche against the during the first period of the game at the Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-US PRESSWIRE
The Nashville Predators capped off their best regular season since 2006-2007 in style, trouncing the Colorado Avalanche 6-1, with Craig Smith leading the offensive charge with a goal and two assists. This was the fifth time this season the Preds were able to score six goals in a game, with the most recent coming at Chicago on March 25.
Follow after the jump for the video highlights and reaction...
Cue the video (might take 30-45 minutes post-game to work):
Your random observations:
- These kind of games are always so awkward. At times it looked like pre-season, but then every once in a while some nastiness would break out. The last thing any of us want to see is a guy like Hornqvist getting hurt right before the playoffs (remember 2010).
- Of course, having Lindback knocked out of the game wasn't welcome, either. Stay tuned for further details on that front.
- The Predators end up the campaign with 104 points, best since the 2006-2007 team which went 51-23-8 for 110 points.
- It was a real pleasure to see Craig Smith chipping in offensively once again. I could see him providing a real spark as a depth guy once we're well into the playoffs and reserves are pressed into duty as the grind takes its toll.
- Part of tonight's outburst has to be chalked up to a horrible night in goal for J.S. Giguere. The Yip & Halischuk goals in particular were pretty awful from a Colorado perspective.
- So what do you think? Did any of the recently-scratched guys do themselves any favors when it comes to earning a spot in the lineup for Game One against Detroit?
Who was your Predator of the Game?
Patric Hornqvist (16 votes)
Kevin Klein (7 votes)
Anders Lindback (130 votes)
Craig Smith (135 votes)
288 total votes