The Nashville Predators capped off their best regular season since 2006-2007 in style, trouncing the Colorado Avalanche 6-1, with Craig Smith leading the offensive charge with a goal and two assists. This was the fifth time this season the Preds were able to score six goals in a game, with the most recent coming at Chicago on March 25.
Follow after the jump for the video highlights and reaction...
Cue the video (might take 30-45 minutes post-game to work):
Your random observations:
- These kind of games are always so awkward. At times it looked like pre-season, but then every once in a while some nastiness would break out. The last thing any of us want to see is a guy like Hornqvist getting hurt right before the playoffs (remember 2010).
- Of course, having Lindback knocked out of the game wasn't welcome, either. Stay tuned for further details on that front.
- The Predators end up the campaign with 104 points, best since the 2006-2007 team which went 51-23-8 for 110 points.
- It was a real pleasure to see Craig Smith chipping in offensively once again. I could see him providing a real spark as a depth guy once we're well into the playoffs and reserves are pressed into duty as the grind takes its toll.
- Part of tonight's outburst has to be chalked up to a horrible night in goal for J.S. Giguere. The Yip & Halischuk goals in particular were pretty awful from a Colorado perspective.
- So what do you think? Did any of the recently-scratched guys do themselves any favors when it comes to earning a spot in the lineup for Game One against Detroit?