My friend Lucie Carroll is co-chairing the auction at this year's Swan Ball at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville, and she passed along an absolute dream of a prize package to be auctioned at this year's event via Facebook. The current $19k bid is far too rich for my blood, but follow after the jump to check out the offering....
The auction website says
Not in the 14-year history of the team’s NHL franchise have the Predators offered such a hockey-centric opportunity. Nashville Predators have grown from a young expansion franchise to a regular contender in the Stanley Cup playoffs, and you can literally join them, in the moment, for a memory of a lifetime. Value: Priceless
What's in the January 30-February 2, 2013 package?
- Travel for two to Anaheim, Los Angeles and San Jose on the team plane
- Hotel stay in the team hotel (one room) for all cities on the road trip
- Transportation to and from the hotel on the road trip
- Two tickets to the Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks games
- Dinner with members of the coaching staff/hockey executives during the trip
- A round of golf for two at one of the cities during the road trip (subject to the specific cities selected and weather)
Valid for the three game series Jan. 30 – Feb. 2, 2013. Passengers must be 18 years of age and older (no children permitted). Dates are subject to change. All travel logistics will be handled by the Predators. Winner’s certificate must be returned to the Predators by October 1, 2012.
Click here to bid on the package, or if you're like me and won't be participating, sound off in the comments with a ballpark figure that you'd pay for an experience like this. If money were no object, I'd probably retire and buy a stake in the team -- so I don't know exactly what I'd give up to fly from DC to the west coast with the team, hang out with the coaches and players in the hotel, and see three road games . . . all with my date and favorite travel partner. I envy the eventual winner, whoever you turn out to be.