With the Skate of the Union Town Hall meeting coming up on Monday, August 20th at Bridgestone Arena, a number of folks have been asking about the timing and details of the event. Just a short while ago, the Nashville Predators sent out the following:
WHAT: Nashville Predators' Skate of the Union Town Hall Meeting
· Event highlighted by player autographs, open skate, select a seat/open house, Pro Shop deals, an auction item fire sale, Smashville Rewards demo, Smash Hit Karaoke and Town Hall meeting.
WHO: Nashville Predators players, executives and personalities
WHEN: This Monday, August 20, 4-8 p.m.
· 4-5:30 p.m. - Open skate
· 4:30-6 p.m. - Photo opportunities with select players
· 5-6 p.m. - Player autographs on concourse
· 6:15-6:45 p.m. - Q&A with select players on stage
· 6:45-7:45 p.m. - Town Hall meeting with Tom Cigarran, Jeff Cogen, Sean Henry, David Poile and Peter Horachek. Questions may be submitted online via social media and at main doors of event
WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, 501 Broadway, Nashville TN
Attendees to Monday's event will receive a special discount of 25 percent on tickets to Petey's Preds Party on September 17.
The Predators flagship radio station 102.5 The Game will broadcast live from the Skate of the Union Town Hall Meeting.
Free parking will be provided in the Sixth Avenue parking garage (corner of Sixth and Demonbreun).
This all leaves one question hanging in the air... why the heck isn't Shea Weber scheduled to appear?
I know some Preds fans got their hackles up when the guys on the 3HL raised the question of why he wasn't at the press conference following the team's decision to match the $110 million offer sheet, but it strikes me as really, really strange for a guy not to show his face in town for more than 3 weeks after a deal of this magnitude has been struck.
Anyways, it should be an interesting time Monday night... who will I see there?