By custom injury details in the NHL are few and far between, but this morning OTF reader rrs549 spotted interesting news embedded in a Yahoo! article posted about Carrie Underwood starring in a new version of the Sound of Music:
The conversation then turned to hockey and her husband Mike Fisher's team, the Nashville Predators.
"They got off to a little bit of rocky start, but definitely getting some momentum. I feel like my husband right now. I know what he feels like now. I feel there's some really great, new young talent," Underwood said.
And what about the team's star center?
"My hubby, he's been out for the past couple of games with a foot fracture thing. But he'll be back on the ice, ASAP. I hope he does, because that's the only way I get to see him, other than iChat."
Fish was off to a good start with five points (two goals, three assists) in seven games, but hasn't played since Thursday night vs. Los Angeles. His situation has been described as "day to day" ever since then by head coach Barry Trotz.
Watch out, Carrie - loose lips sink ships!
More from On the Forecheck:
- Wednesday's Dump & Chase: You Can't Win 'Em All
- Minnesota Wild 2, Nashville Predators 0: Pekka Rinne's Strong Play Wasted in Loss
- Nashville Predators at Minnesota Wild Preview: For the Road Sweep
- Milwaukee Admirals Notebook: Admirals Get Points in First 4 Games, Moser & Sissons Producing
- Monday's Dump & Chase:Preds Start Road Trip 2-0