While working the front of the net on a power play for the Nashville Predators tonight against the New York Rangers, Patric Hornqvist took a puck to the body and left the game with an upper body injury, according to the team. The shot came off the stick of Mike Fisher, who blasted a one-time setup from David Legwand, but it appeared to catch Hornqvist in the ribs as positioned himself for a tip or rebound chance.
|2013 - Patric Hornqvist||22||6||7||13||0||10||2||0||3||70||8.6|
Hornqvist has been the Predators' most consistent forward this season, and with Filip Forsberg also injured, this could test Nashville's depth on right wing.
More from On the Forecheck:
- Join the OTF Virtual Food Drive, Benefiting Second Harvest of Middle Tennessee!
- Saturday's Dump & Chase: The Hated Rangers Come to Town
- Central Division Breakdown: Contenders & Pretenders
- A Tale of Two Teams: As the Season Gets Older, Predators Struggling to Find Their Way
- Nashville Predators vs. New York Rangers Preview: Saturday Night on Broadway