The on-again, off-again Nashville Predators offense went into blackout mode tonight against the New York Rangers, getting out-shot in each period as the Blueshirts skated off with a 2-0 win. With tonight's effort the Preds join Buffalo in having been shut out 5 times this season, most in the NHL.
The Predators (now 11-10-2) at least get to go home and rest up ahead of Monday's game against Phoenix, as they'll play 5 of their next 6 games at Bridgestone Arena.
- Marek Mazanec can't be blamed for tonight's outcome, he showed more confidence tonight coming out to take away angles on shooters, and not staying too deep in his crease.
- Keep your fingers cross for Patric Hornqvist, who left in the 1st period after taking a puck to the body.
- Sure, the game was a stinker, but Kevin Klein opening up a can of whoop-ass is a rare treat.
- Where have you gone, Colin Wilson? Three games in a row without a single shot on goal is, well, pathetic. I think we can give up hopes that he'll develop into a leading offensive force for the Predators.
- I hope Stalberg doesn't get roasted over the goals for the turnover that led to New York's second goal. He needs to get confident rushing the puck up-ice, and those things are going to happen. He needs to rely on a linemate or D covering his rear end when those pucks get picked like that.
Roll the video highlights...
More from On the Forecheck:
- Patric Hornqvist Injury: Winger Leaves Rangers Game After Taking Shot to Upper Body
- Saturday's Dump & Chase: The Hated Rangers Come to Town
- Central Division Breakdown: Contenders & Pretenders
- A Tale of Two Teams: As the Season Gets Older, Predators Struggling to Find Their Way
- Join the OTF Virtual Food Drive, Benefiting Second Harvest of Middle Tennessee!