Late in the first period of tonight's game against Montreal, Nashville Predators rookie defenseman Seth Jones took a puck to the eye area, after a point shot from Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov deflected off Kevin Klein and up into Jones' face.
Bridgestone Arena went eerily quiet while a trainer came out to assist Jones, who skated off under his own power but did not return to the game. As you can see in the video below, Jones wears a visor, but this puck came up from below and got underneath it:
The Predators play next on Monday, at home against the Boston Bruins, so stay tuned for updates on Jones' condition coming out of Sunday's practice at Bridgestone Arena. Josh Cooper reported seeing Jones in the locker room after the game, so at least he didn't need to go to the hospital.
- Nashville Predators 3, Montreal Canadiens 4: Resurrection from a 3-0 Hole Foiled in OT
- Saturday's Dump & Chase: Last Call For Points!
- Pekka Rinne Injury Update: Two More Weeks...
- Tampa Bay Lightning 4, Nashville Predators 2: Barry Trotz's Lineup Gambit Flops
- Peter Horachek: Finding Success in Florida as Interim Head Coach