After hanging with the Vancouver Canucks through two periods, a pair of goals by old nemesis Ryan Kesler were all the difference in a 3-1 loss at Bridgestone Arena, the Preds' third straight defeat on home ice.
Nashville (13-12-3, last in the Central) came out with a strong first period, and while things shifted Vancouver's way in the second, they were able to answer an opening goal for Brad Richardson with a Colin Wilson score just 30 seconds later to head into the third period tied 1-1. Kesler gave Vancouver a 2-1 lead by banking a puck in off Preds defenseman Ryan Ellis, and added the insurance goal on a power play, busting Nashville's long streak of successful kills.
Next up, the Preds host the Carolina Hurricanes Thursday night. By the way, if you want to catch the Hurricanes' practice, head over to Centennial Sportsplex Wednesday afternoon at 1:30.
- Much has been made about guys getting scoring chances but not converting, and we saw it early with Colin Wilson, Craig Smith, and Viktor Stalberg. I'm actually pretty encouraged showed
- We often criticize a player making the "extra pass" right in front of the net, but Patric Hornqvist's assist to Wilson was a wise one. Roberto Luongo had his shooting angle covered, but Wilson was set up for a much better chance, and it paid off.
- Is Marek Mazanec getting more confident with each passing game? He certainly seemed animated in the crease tonight.
- You can get worked up about Luongo embellishing those goalie interference calls, but it's what savvy goalies do.
- I could do without seeing the Gaustad line start games & periods on a regular basis. It's the worst line on the team by far, and doesn't need the additional ice time.
- Once again, the defense did a decent job in the absence of Shea Weber & Kevin Klein, but there was some confusion deep in the zone on the Richardson goal. Roman Josi skated right by Richardson and left him wide open to bury that rebound.
Roll the video highlights...
- Nashville Predators News: Marek Mazanec Wins NHL Rookie of the Month Honors
- Tuesday's Dump & Chase: They're All Must-Win Games Now
- Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks Preview: Seeing Double
- Community News: OTF Blogger Finishes Atop Preds 2013 Movember Fundraising Team
- Nashville Predators Injury News: Shea Weber Out Tuesday, Kevin Klein At Least 2 Weeks