Nashville Predators GM David Poile gave an update to the media before tonight's game on the status of Pekka Rinne, and while the news is positive, we'll still have to wait quite a while before we can expect to see him back in game action. A hip infection has had Rinne on Injured Reserve since October 23rd, and given the unusual nature of his medical situation, timelines have been hard to come by.
Here's the money quote from Poile's address:
In a nutshell, the doctor is happy with the progress and he is recommending two more weeks of rehab. December 20th is our target date to get Pekka into more strenuous activity leading back into playing...
The trick is that since Rinne hasn't been exercising for the last several weeks, there will presumably be a good amount of conditioning work required even once he gets a clean bill of health. That, of course, would be the best Christmas gift Rinne can ask for this year. Here's to hoping he's been nice, not naughty.
|2013 - Pekka Rinne||9||493||4||4||1||19||2.31||229||210||.917||0|
- Carolina Hurricanes 5, Nashville Predators 2: Jeff Skinner Hat Trick Dooms Preds
- Shea Weber Injury: Practice Return Scheduled for Friday, With a Visor
- Thursday's Dump & Chase: Brought to You By the Letters M, R, and I
- What I want from the Nashville Predators: more Ryan Ellis, less Seth Jones
- Nashville Predators News: Marek Mazanec Wins NHL Rookie of the Month Honors