The Nashville Predators today announced their first round of roster cuts, scattering 19 players in various directions and trimming the current group to 42 ahead of Sunday's pre-season game against the New York Islanders.
From the Preds' statement:
Released Barry Almeida, Paul Crowder, Kayle Doetzel, Sebastian Geoffrion, Eric Levine, Michael Moffat, Cody Reichard, Teddy Ruth, Vinny Saponari, Mathieu Tousignant and Allen York from tryout agreements.
None of these players were expected to contend for NHL roster spots this season, but the focus will narrow over the next two weeks as the team must pare down to 23 players. Remember to keep in mind the issue of waiver eligibility as the more difficult decisions get made closer to the October 3rd regular season opener...
More from On the Forecheck:
- Friday's Dump & Chase: A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
- Pre-Season: Tampa Bay Lightning 5, Nashville Predators 1
- Who Will Lead the Nashville Predators in Scoring?
- Nashville Predators Training Camp: How Waiver Eligibility Could Impact Roster Decisions
- Thursday's Dump & Chase: Prepare for Pekka's Pre-Season Premiere