After taking a shot off the leg in the second period of tonight's pre-season game against the Washington Capitals, Nashville Predators winger Patric Hornqvist was held out of the third period with a lower body injury, per Willy Daunic's report.
It's been a rough week for Nashville's Swedish players, as we received word earlier today that Viktor Stalberg will miss 3-4 weeks with an injured shoulder, and Filip Forsberg is nursing a lower-body injury that has been termed "day to day".
Obviously we hope that Hornqvist being held out of the final period tonight was more of a precautionary measure, because this Predators team can't really afford to lose both of its top goal-scoring threats for any length of time in Hornqvist & Stalberg.
We'll stay tuned for updates following tonight's game. The Predators play the New York Islanders in their pre-season finale on Friday.
UPDATE: Preds radio color analyst Stu Grimson brings relatively good news:
Hornqvist: no fracture. Probably day to day.— Stu Grimson (@asgrimson) September 26, 2013
UPDATE 2: Josh Cooper brings word...
#preds say Hornqvist is day-to-day with a lower body injury...— JoshuaCooper (@JoshuaCooper) September 26, 2013
More from On the Forecheck:
- Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals Pre-Season Preview
- Rich Clune Season Preview: Is the Statue Ready Yet?
- Wednesday's Dump & Chase: Preds Hit the Road, Take "Entertainment Tax" to D.C.
- Viktor Stalberg Injury: Winger Out 3-4 Weeks
- Nashville Predators 2, Tampa Bay Lightning 1: Pekka Perfect Again