Three's a crowd when it comes to goaltending, so the Nashville Predators have sent the youngest of their trio, Marek Mazanec, to the AHL. With the team having traded for Devan Dubnyk on Wednesday, the new guy is set to make his debut tomorrow night against Colorado.
Carter Hutton is probably better suited to serve as the occasional backup to Dubnyk for the time being, while Mazanec can benefit from a heavier workload in Milwaukee.
Quoth the Preds:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned goaltender Marek Mazanec to Milwaukee (AHL).
Mazanec, 22 (7/18/91), has posted an 8-10-4 record, a .902 save percentage, a 2.80 goals-against average and two shutouts in 25 games for Nashville this season, and is a perfect 5-0-0 in his first five starts in the American Hockey League with the Admirals, posting a 1.97 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage.
- 2014 NHL Draft Profile: Sam Reinhart
- Friday's Dump & Chase: Do You Believe In Miracles?
- Nashville Predators 4, Philadephia Flyers 3: Preds Finally Win a Shootout
- Thursday's Dump & Chase: What's The Next Move?
- Matt Hendricks Trade: Nashville Predators send gritty forward to Edmonton Oilers for goalie Devan Dubnyk