Nashville Predators head coach Barry Trotz has a difficult job. When the team's going through a rough patch, he needs to keep guys motivated and positive in order to best take on the challenges ahead. When others are underperforming, it's his job to frankly and directly let them know what needs to be improved.
Just check out this quote from today's practice, however, aired this evening on Fox17:
We're playing as well as we have in 10 years, this year. Our team has done a lot of good things, we've gone through a lot of difficult situations. Our team is becoming "Predator Hard", I would say.
I get how members of a team have to keep a positive outlook, but would anybody in their right mind say this team is playing as well as it has in 10 years? I'm a pretty creative guy, but I can't come up with a way to have that statement make sense.
And I don't even want to know what "Predator Hard" means, but perhaps I should get working on a new offering for the OTF store? Just think of the reaction you'd get walking around the concourse during intermission sporting an I'm Predator Hard t-shirt...
Western Conference Standings
|St. Louis Blues||42||30-7-5||65|
|San Jose Sharks||44||27-11-6||60|
|Los Angeles Kings||44||26-13-5||57|
- Nashville Predators 3, San Jose Sharks 2: Roman Josi scores game-winner to halt losing streak
- 2014 Winter Olympics Hockey Teams: Shea Weber & Roman Josi going to Sochi
- Tennessee Titans Fans: Welcome to Hockey Season!
- Nashville Predators 1st Half Review: The Centers
- Barry Trotz vents over Carter Hutton's goaltending: "not good enough for this league"