In advance of tonight's game against the Anaheim Ducks, the Nashville Predators have recalled Colton Sissons from Milwaukee. Earlier today Matt Cullen left the morning skate early, so this is presumably an emergency move to fill in for the veteran. Taylor Beck, of course, was just sent back to the Admirals yesterday.
From the Preds:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled forward Colton Sissons from Milwaukee (AHL).
Sissons, 20 (11/5/93), has appeared in three games for the Predators during his rookie professional season in 2013-14, recording an assist, a +2 rating and two penalty minutes. The 6-1, 189-pound forward paces the Admirals in goals (17) and ranks second on the team in points (29), in addition to being tied for second among all AHL skaters in game-winning goals (5). One of three rookies named to the 2014 AHL All-Star Team, Sissons will travel to St. John's, N.L., on Feb. 11-12to take part in the skills competition, and AHL All-Star Classic which pits the league's best against Farjestad BK of the Swedish Hockey League.
The native of North Vancouver, B.C., was Nashville's second choice, 50th overall (second round), in the 2012 Entry Draft and spent the previous three seasons (2010-13) with the Kelowna Rockets, amassing 149 points (71g-79a) and 162 penalty minutes in 182 Western Hockey League games.
- Nashville Predators vs Anaheim Ducks Preview: the Ultimate Pre-Olympic Game
- Saturday's Dump & Chase: Sorry, Hockey Fans…No Teemu Tonight:(
- Nashville Predators release update on David Poile
- Nashville Predators News: Taylor Beck re-assigned to Milwaukee Admirals
- 2014 Winter Olympics: Patric Hornqvist passed over again as Washington's Marcus Johansson heads to Sochi