Here's all the news that's fit to... copy & paste about your Nashville Predators this morning:
In the out of town games, only 1 out of 3 worked out in the Preds' favor. St. Louis topped Detroit 5-4 and Anaheim won in a shootout over Vancouver, but San Jose beat Edmonton in regulation. That leaves the standings as follows:
Basically, the Preds need a win tonight in Chicago to set things back the way they were yesterday.
- Remember, tonight is the Wine Festival and Tasting at the Sommet Center, to benefit the Predators Foundation. They'll show tonight's game on the megatron, so you can savor a fine pinot grigio while cheering for Shea Weber to smite a pesky Blackhawk.
- 2008 1st-round pick Colin Wilson is one of the three finalists for the Hobey Baker Award as the top college hockey player in the US.
- Dallas Stars fans are coming to grips with the reality of their situation as the next point earned by Nashville will eliminate them from postseason contention.
- David Boclair at the Nashville City Paper points out that when Jason Arnott has returned from injury before, he's produced results right away. The Preds will certainly need anything he can offer when he does back.
- Barry Melrose Rocks apparently hasn't been aware of the awesomeness that is Pekka Rinne.