The Nashville Predators got blown out on home ice tonight, as the St. Louis Blues came into town after having played an overtime game against Vancouver last night and cruised to a 6-1 victory. Alexander Steen scored twice for St. Louis, while 10 different Blues players recorded at least one point. Nick Spaling scored the lone Nashville goal, on a shorthanded breakaway early in the 3rd.
Carter Hutton gave up 5 goals on 26 shots before being pulled in the 3rd period, allowing Magnus Hellberg to get his first taste of NHL action. He was promptly welcomed by a Blues power play goal, and made three saves on four total shots.
The Preds will have a few days to stew over this game (which dropped their record to 6-5-1), as they don't play again until Thursday at Phoenix.
- I got nothing for you tonight, folks. This game was just abysmal.
- Wait a minute, I do have a few observations...
- Steen has 10 goals in 9 games, more than Nashville's top three goal-scorers combined (9).
- Derek Roy, signed by St. Louis to a one-year $4 million contract this summer, has 7 points in nine games.
- Craig Smith is continuing to show persistence, firing 6 shots on net.
- Yes the scratching of Viktor Stalberg is ridiculous, but no single player would have made a difference tonight, that was an all-out crapfest.
Roll the video highlights...
More from On the Forecheck:
- Saturday's Dump & Chase: The First-Place Avalanche
- Nashville Predators vs St. Louis Blues Preview: A bit of revenge
- Life in the Minors: A Conversation with Retired Defenseman Jeff Winchester
- Nashville Predators 3, Winnipeg Jets 2: Craig Smith wins it in overtime!
- Nashville Predators News: Pekka Rinne Out 4 Weeks With Hip Infection