Following his MVP run at the 2014 World Junior Championships, the Nashville Predators have recalled forward Filip Forsberg, which opens the way to him possibly playing tonight vs the Anaheim Ducks.
Here's an excerpt from the team's statement:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled forward Filip Forsberg from the Swedish National Team.
Forsberg, 19 (8/13/94), was named Most Valuable Player, Best Forward and a media all-star at the 2014 World Junior Championships, helping the host nation to a silver medal, his third time placing at the tournament (2014: silver, 2013: silver, 2012: gold). The Ostervala, Sweden native has posted five points (1g-4a) in 12 games with Nashville, and eight points (3g-5a) in seven games with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals in 2013-14.
Forsberg had been assigned to Milwaukee just before going to the World Juniors after a stint on Injured Reserve, so perhaps this will serve as a restart on his 2013-14 season.
- Nashville Predators vs Anaheim Ducks Preview: High-Flying Fowl
- Thursday's Dump & Chase: Preds Go Duck Hunting
- Barry Trotz is saying strange things
- Nashville Predators 3, San Jose Sharks 2: Roman Josi scores game-winner to halt losing streak
- 2014 Winter Olympics Hockey Teams: Shea Weber & Roman Josi going to Sochi