The NHL season is finally upon us! We've got two games this week, so let's get to it...
Thursday, October 9th Ottawa @ Nashville
2013-14 record against: 1-0-1
Opening night! Oh, and some guy named David Legwand will play his first game in Nashville since the trade to Detroit last year. This isn't exactly Rivalry Night, but both games last year went to overtime, including the March 10th contest in Ottawa in which Canadian Soul-Crusher Seth Jones scored the game-winner. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?
Reasons to Boo the Senators
Including, but not limited to:
- Bobby Ryan, sleepy skater, foot-stomper.
- Those awful third jerseys.
- David Legwand Haters. (Right or wrong they're out there. Believe me.)
- Ottawa native Alanis Morissette.
Saturday, October 11th Dallas @ Nashville
2013-14 record against: 2-2-1
The Preds won both home games against the Stars last year, but lost all three on the road, salvaging a point in the (SURPRISE!) shootout loss April 8th. As we're all aware, the Stars are a dangerous offensive team, and they added Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky in the offseason. Even without those guys, they shelled the Preds 7-3 last March, with Pekka inexplicably left in to watch every last one of them. Roll the "highlights" for all the masochists out there...
Reasons to Boo the Stars
Including but not limited to:
- Jason Spezza hates your city.
- Dallas has yet to erect a statue of Rich Clune, clearly breaking a contractual obligation.
- They have a Stanley Cup that's maybe, probably bogus.
- Their free tacos promotion might be the best thing in the NHL right now, song included. And that makes me sad. Do better, Preds game ops.
I'm going with 2-0-0 for the Preds this week. Ottawa is likely terrible, and while Dallas has improved, we have too. Home ice holds, and everybody feels a little bit better after the up-and-down preseason. What do you think? Cast your votes below!