|Games||Fenwick%||PDO||Off ZS %||TeamGF||TeamGA||TeamG+/-||TeamG%||Faceoff %||TOI|
Golden Player of the Week
- Filip Forsberg - Let's not kid ourselves. Maybe one of these days giving him so much praise is going to get old, but it is not this day.
Not-So-Golden Player of the Week
- Taylor Beck - Beck was on the ice for three 5v5 goals against this week, the most on the team. Two of those were the Edmonton goals while they were clawing their way back into the game. For the most part, Beck has not looked out of place on the team at all this year, so we can chalk this one up to just an unfortunate week.
Player to Keep an Eye On
- Calle Jarnkrok - Mike Fisher's return is on the horizon, so he could be playing for his roster spot this week. Was able to break the goose-egg under his "P" column with his assist on Craig Smith's game-winner against Winnipeg. Should Smith and Wilson remain on a line with him, they could very well help him get back to putting up some regular points.
Tuesday, November 18th Nashville @ Toronto
2013-14 Record Against: 1-1-0
Not much to see here. Some of you may have enjoyed the 4-2 win in November that featured a 4 point night from Matt Cullen and a 3 point night from Craig Smith. That's fine, but for my money the highlight has to be the 4-0 shutout by the Leafs here in Nashville in October, or as I like to call it, the "Reverse Everything Game". Loss instead of a win, reverse free donut shutout, reverse 4 goals and a Frosty, even a reverse Goo-Goo Goal (or 1 day gym membership, whatever). Bizarre.
Reasons to Boo the Leafs
- I have to admit, I have trouble getting too angry at these Canadian teams. They ARE all itching to move your team (and others like it) to Hamilton or Greater Sudbury or Thunder Bay, so I guess there's that.
Thursday November 20th Nashville @ Ottawa
2014-15 Record Against: 1-0-0
Wrapping our first season series in mid-November. As you may recall, the Senators were kind enough to give us a win on opening night, for which we are forever grateful. We also got to see David Legwand head to the wrong box on a penalty, which was all kinds of awesome.
Boo the Senators
- Instead, let's all lend our thoughts and prayers to Sens GM Bryan Murray, who is facing stage-4 cancer. Keep fighting.
Saturday, November 22nd Florida @ Nashville
2013-14 Record Against: 1-0-1
Yay! Another no TV game! As if you needed a reason to get to the arena on a Saturday night anyway. The Preds got 3 of 4 points against the Panthers last year, including a 4-3 win here in Nashville in October. I remember that game because it was the first time in a while I'd actually had fun at the arena...bit of a back and forth game, 7 goals scored, a win and a free Frosty. The feeling wouldn't last.
Reasons to Boo the Panthers
- Roberto Luongo is better at Twitter than you.
- They've stunk forever, which is probably why there's no TV for this game.
- Think Blackhawks Fan is bad? We better hope the Panthers never get a bandwagon.
Florida Man Sees Car Being Towed; Puts on Gas Mask, Bullet Proof Vest, Attacks Tow Truck Drivers With Samurai Sword | http://t.co/xYwUTwKLLO— Florida Man (@_FloridaMan) November 12, 2014