The Preds get the win! Jon, Dan, Alex and I were in the house, watching from our own little press box where cheering is allowed (even encouraged), and here are the things we liked about the game:
The 5 Music City Gametime Heroes of the Game
An unofficial polling of the online media contingent sitting next to me in Section 119 Row C yielded the following results:
(Editor's Note: All ties in voting went to the guy who whined the most and is pushing the buttons here.)
- Filip Forsberg : I mean, this should be obvious. He scored the game's only goal and came real close on a couple others. A very promising start for the young fella.
- Olli Jokinen's Hair: I feel like we could copy+paste this here for the rest of the season. If you haven't seen it in person, do yourself a favor. Delightful.
- A 1-0 Game That Wasn't a Total Snooze Fest: Do we want more goals? Absolutely! But at least there was some activity. BTW, quote of the night was from Alex in Seat 3, sometime in the 3rd period: "30 shots on the board for the Preds? I didn't know it went that high". LOL out loud forever.
- Lavi Blowing Bubbles on the Bench: Confident, assertive, yet playful. We like it.
- Draft Beer That Fills From the Bottom: Some people like 'em and some people don't, but you can't argue with science and that's a fact.