Observations from Section 102:
- Nashville simply had more intensity than Florida tonight. Their tempo had the defense (including top draft pick Aaron Ekblad) back-pedaling all night.
- Kevin Fiala's goal was a beauty. He created some space in the high slot and fired off a quick wrister that beat Luongo glove side. I nearly dropped my nachos. Don't worry, I didn't.
- #PrinceFilip should be a dead-lock to remain in Nashville to start the season. He continues to show why he belongs, thus the coaching staff have consistently put him on the top line with James Neal and Mike Ribeiro.
- Pekka Rinne played 60 minutes and looked fine. Should have saved the Alex Petrovic goal though...
- Pontus Aberg (scored twice) and Michael Liambas (two BIG hits) made their cases tonight, but not big enough cases to eclipse Forsberg, Fiala, or Jarnkrok.
- Colton Sissons was quiet, but had a nice pass to setup Aberg's first goal
Unheralded hero of the night goes to "Turkey Baster Guy," the guy who is responsible for getting water out of the mooring holes on the ice. HE WAS ON FIRE TONIGHT. THERE WERE LITERALLY ZERO DROPS OF WATER LEFT IN THE HOLES BECAUSE OF HIM.
"Throughout the night, crew members will use a turkey baster to clear any water from goal-post holes cut in the ice - if they didn't, the holes would freeze over and the posts that hold the nets in place wouldn't fit. Before they are dropped in place, the goal posts are slathered with Vaseline to allow them to slide in more easily, and then the goals are placed on the posts."
Thanksgiving is less than 9 weeks away!