The Nashville Predators sported an all gold look this evening (except the shorts) as they hosted the Oilers in a very exciting game. The game had a really good pace and tempo to it as both teams traded chances the entire game.
The first period and most of the second were scoreless until Craig Smith broke the scoreless tie late in the second period. Filip Forsberg scored his first goal of the season in third to give the Predators a 2-0 lead. That was all Nashville needed as the Oilers weren't able to score tonight.
The Predators had a tough time staying out of the box, giving the Oilers a man advantage on numerous occasions. Luckily for the Preds, they have a pretty decent guy in the net to keep them scoreless on the power play tonight.
- SO......MUCH......GOLD.....That is all.
- The Predators went almost 8 full minutes without a shot on net to start the game. Needless to say, that probably isn't the best way to start any game, ever. Slow starts are what hurt the Preds last year, so let's hope that trend doesn't continue this year.
- Viktor Arvidsson is going to be something special for the Predators. He almost netted another one in the first period. He seems to just know what's going on out there.
- Nashville turned it on after starting out really slow. They ended up outshooting Edmonton 14-8 at the end of the first period. Why does it feel like they turn it on when they want to? They need to have that killer instinct for 60 full minutes.
- SPOILER ALERT: Pekka Rinne is good guys. (As if you already didn't know).
- Smith!!! I guess you could say he is earning his contract this year huh? On a side note, this game had a ridiculous amount of action for only being 1-0 through two periods of play.
- Colin WIlson definitely made up for the missed breakaway goal early in the game. Could this be the year he breaks the 30 goal mark? #TheToughQuestions
- I wasn't able to watch the first game of the season, so this is my first time hearing the new commentating duo. I still don't know how I feel about them quite yet. It is going to be hard to get used to not hearing Pete Weber on the television, but I guess I'll have to get over it.
- That was a great soccer goal by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Too bad soccer goals don't count in the NHL folks.
- Nashville was in the box way too many times tonight. Anytime you give the opposing team 5+ chances on a power play, it usually isn't a good thing.
- Hey guys, Prince Filip is at it again. He wants no part of any sophomore slump!
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Craig Smith: Because, well, 'Murica!!
- Filip Forsberg: He looks like he could be a mainstay here on the super duper stars of the game again this year.
- Pekka Rinne: He made 31 saves tonight and looked pretty good doing it too.
Was the Smashville App Correct?
II think if they keep putting James Neal on here, he might score eventually. But for now, they are 0-2.
Tweets Of The Night
Preds look like someone dressed several bananas in blue shorts— Link (@3DLink) October 10, 2015
"Here’s a history of gold helmets in the NHL!" FSTN proceeds to show awful jerseys with awful helmets.— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) October 10, 2015
Donald Trump may say that that disallowed goal was NUGE.— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) October 11, 2015
Roll the video highlights...