It was a late one tonight, so I hope everyone stayed away for this game. It may have not provided us with goals galore, but it did provide an energy filled tilt by both teams.
Eric Nystrom kicked off the scoring early in the first to give Nashville an early lead in this one. The game then went scoreless for the rest of the first and the entire second period. Joe Pavelski scored early in the third period to bring the game back even for San Jose. After the Sharks scored, the Preds came out firing. Calle Jarnkrok scored later in the period to put the Predators back up by one.
Two goals proved to be enough as the Preds held on to win a close one tonight.
- There is nothing better I love than consistently scoring first in games. Tonight marked the 8th time out of 9 games that the Preds have scored first this season. It definitely makes life a little easier when you aren't playing from behind.
- I can't believe the Predators are the only team left to not allow a goal in the first period. I can't remember when the last time I was this excited for a season than this year. Where's the hot take alert when you need it?
- This Martin Jones character is pretty good at the whole goalie thing, huh?
- On that note, both these goalies are having great games. We expected that from Rinne, but if Jones can keep playing like this all season, the Sharks could very well make moves in the Pacific Division.
- It didn't take the Sharks long to get on the board in the third. Really, it was only a matter of time. I guess you could say they smelled the blood in the water. Zing! But jokes aside, they were swarming there for a while.
- The second line looked good tonight in terms of possession. They were excellent on the forecheck and got some pretty decent chances as a result.
- And the Iron Hook strikes!!!
- This games provided so many good chances. Even though it contained a scoreless second period, it was still an exciting game that didn't feel slow at all. I guess that's all you can ask for in a 9:30 pm start.
- Pekka's glove is going to be in the Hall of Fame one day.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Roman Josi: Not only did he get an assist, but he got some praise from the NBSN announcers. Can't ask for much more than that.
- Calle Jarnkrok: I am hoping to put him here more often this season.
- Pekka Rinne: He made some big timely saves late in the game.
Was the Smashville App Correct?
Nope. 1-9 on the season now. As Jon mentioned in the last recap, the magic may be dead for sure.
Tweets Of The Night
For those wondering what Salomäki is up to tonight. It's not all bad. pic.twitter.com/wfgt7rYTAv— Admirals Roundtable (@adsroundtable) October 29, 2015
The Predators are the only team in the NHL without a first-period goal against. They extend a franchise record to start the season.— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) October 29, 2015
Roll the video highlights...