Once again, the Predators dominate in shots, shot-attempts, possession, and nose-bleeds, but simply cannot score a goal. You really can't ask for much more than "go out there and dominate the game, guys" can you? Rick Nash, Derek Stepan, and Kevin Hayes all scored for the Rangers, but it was Henrik Lundqvist who really owned this game. He stopped 31 shots in the win and made some pretty ridiculous saves.
I'm going to assume the Preds PDO is in the .500-.600 range. Into the scoreless abyss we go...
- Preds looking much better so far. Out-shooting the Rangers by a wide margin and spending a ton of time in the offensive zone. But still no goals and they miss out on a ton of power-play chances. They've now been shutout in 8+ straight periods of hockey.
- Liam Neeson was spotted at the game and twitter had fun with it.
- Not too long after the Preds waste another power-play opportunity (this time a 4:00 minor), Rick Nash scores for the Rangers. A typical Nash goal: powerful, opportunistic, smooth. Just unfair.
- Forsberg needs to mix up his shooting tendencies. Always with the wrister. It's a good shot, but defenses are absolutely keyed in on it. It's getting blocked constantly. Just throw in a snapper, or a backhand, or a slap-shot, or something in between every now and then.
- Austin Watson is a man who will not take no for an answer. He grinds like a beast out there. Love watching him.
- This is kind of unbelievable. The Preds are pouring it on. During 5-on-5, during the power-play... absolutely raining shots. But when it comes to actually putting the round circle thing in the meshy thing, they can't do it. 25-7 shot advantage after 2 periods. 9+ periods of scoreless hockey.
- This is not the kind of record I was hoping the Predators would be setting this season.
- I'm running out of adjectives. This game is [insert phrase explaining how frustrating this game is].
- Derek Stepan scores on Rinne and this game is pretty much over. Rage on, Predators fans.
- Now here come the post-hits. Filip Forsberg and Calle Jarnkrok both ring the metal. At least they are getting closer, right?
- Kevin Hayes notches a power-play goal and this one is truly over. I'm not looking at the Central Division standings for at least a week.
- Pathetic display by Mike Ribeiro at the end of the game. Just pathetic.No excuse for that mess.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Henrik Lundqvist: completely dominant, MVP-like performance.
- Rick Nash: solid game winning goal. How do you do this "scoring" thing?
- Austin Watson: because the man grinds like a beast.
Tweets of the Night
After overspending during Canada week, the #Preds are simply waiting until Black Friday to buy goals at a discount.— Zack Bennett (@ZackTN) November 24, 2015
Predators goal drought continues. pic.twitter.com/YudvV37Z3X— /r/Predators (@PredsReddit) November 24, 2015
Roll the video highlights...