The Predators got on the board first with a conversion on a penalty shot by Cody Hodgson. I am sure we are all thinking the same thing: it is definitely nice being on the scoreboard first. That was all the scoring that happened in a dominant first period by Nashville.
The second period gave us a goal review that went the way of the Predators, and was called a no goal on the ice for Calgary. The Flames got that goal back though late in the period with a goal from TJ Brodie. That was all the goal action in the second as the period ended in a 1-1 tie.
The third period went by with chances galore but no goals. In OT, Kris Russell put the nail in the coffin with a sudden death goal.
At least Nashville walked away with a point tonight.
- The narrative to start games for the Predators is starting to get old. I don't know about anyone else, but after a while, you get tired of saying they had so many chances, but couldn't convert. Scoring chances don't win you games, goals do.
- I can't remember the last time I saw a penalty shot during a game. Luckily for the Preds, Hodgson came prepared to score on one of those tonight. That will definitely be a huge confident boost for him moving forward (or at least that's the hope).
- That goal review as way too close to call. I am glad that the Predators got the call to go their way. That one would have been huge for the Flames.
- I liked Austin Watson's play tonight. Especially giving up his body to block shots. Those are they type of players you want come post season time.
- I feel like a broken record at this point in the season. Over and over again, its the same story. Predators dominate the entire game, but don't convert....then proceed to let the opponent steal a win from them. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.
- The Predators definitely opened the third period with a goal in mind, and that goal was to score a goal. They were wreaking havoc there for a good bit at the start of the period. But once again, weren't able to convert.
- Karri Ramo was a beast tonight. He made some key saves when his team needed it the most. He didn't face too many shots the latter half of the game, but the ones he made were key.
- The third period action was amazing. Really intense all the way through. I know it's only December, but you could see how badly both teams wanted to win this game.
- God, Josi is so good. The roof in the arena would have blown off if he converted on that chance
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Cody Hodgson: In a close game, his goal was huge.
- Pekka Rinne: He played really well tonight in a hard fought game.
- Karri Ramo: As much as I hate to say it, he was the only reason the Flames won this game.
Tweets Of The Night
Josi is single handedly trying to will this team to victory.— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) December 16, 2015
Roll the video highlights...