The fans were rocking, the players were ready, and both teams came to play in Game 1. What started out looking like a Predators' runaway victory, ended up being a close, exciting game. Nashville scored the first three goals of the games, but Chicago answered back with three of their own to tie it up. In the end, it was the Blackhawks who came out victorious in game 1.
Colin Wilson got the scoring going early for Nashville with a wicked goal. Viktor Stalberg capitalized on a mistake by Corey Crawford to put the Preds up by two goals. Wilson added another goal on the power play at the end of the first period. Niklas Hjalmarsson got the Blackhawks on the board with a goal early in the second period. Patrick Sharp pulled the Blackhawks within one goal. Chicago wasn't done there though as Jonathan Toews tied the game up. In overtime, Duncan Keith won it for Chicago.
- I will say that the Predators did an excellent job keeping the red out for this game. There were a few red sweaters, but not nearly as many as there were in the regular season.
- The Preds showed great energy coming out of the gate this game. The fans were in it, and so were the players. I loved the intensity.
- Wilson!!!! Wow, he just burned by everyone and went top shelf Corey Crawford. What a goal!
- Crawford messed up on the second goal of the game. He tried to come out to play it and just got out manned for the puck. This is the Predators team that we have all been looking for since February.
- Wilson played like a bat at of hell today.
- This trend of the Predators giving up big leads in the second period is getting out of hand. Tonight, it was a three goal lead that disappeared.
- The Preds were swarming in the late stages of the third period. Momentum like that is always good for a team going into overtime.
- Overtime scares me. It so fast paced and anything can happen. It is really a love hate relationship I have with playoff overtime.
- Scott Darling playing this well does not bode well for the Preds in this series. The worst thing you can face is a hot goalie.
- Filip Forsberg has been all over the net this game. Darling just got the better of him almost every time.
- The refs usually swallow their whistles in OT, but a high stick like that is something you can't avoid calling.
- Teams that win the Stanley Cup have excellent special teams. The Preds need to fix theirs, quickly.
- Horrible non call on Taylor Beck. How did the refs miss that one?!?!?!?
- Preds set a franchise record for shots with, at the time, 52. You can't say they aren't trying.
- Who built the board in Bridgestone? Cause there have been some wild bounces tonight. Especially in front of Rinne.
- The Predators did a great job of containing the Blackhawks coming through the neutral zone.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Colin WIlson: He scored two in this game and looked alive tonight.
- Scott Darling: This guy was a brick wall after coming in as relief for Crawford.
- Duncan Keith: Any one who scores an overtime winner in the playoffs deserves a spot here.
Tweets Of The Night
COLIN WILSON'S STILL ON THIS TEAM!— J.R. Lind (@jrlind) April 16, 2015
Corey goes full Crawford. Our hero Viktor Stalberg makes him pay.— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) April 16, 2015
Good lord... https://t.co/hDxQ6eaZWj— Kristopher Martel (@kmartel_sports) April 16, 2015
Highlight of the Night
Roll the video highlights...