ICYMI, Here were our parameters:
- We imported the Eater 18 for Nashville. Eater is awesome.
- We also added in our own choices, but have room for a few more.
- We were picky about what types of places we started with:
-No chains, except those based in Nashville and have over 50% inside the Nashville Metro Area.
-Places that serve local beer are given preferential treatment. (tie-breakers)
-No non-native food to Nashville allowed. This means no Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, etc. The exceptions are that on the Eater 18, and Soulshine because they're not an Italian pizza joint at all. It's not Chicago's tomato soup in a bread bowl either.
- We slotted the Eater 18 towards the top of the list to start. We trust Matt. In fact, we'll be asking Matt questions about these places as this goes on.
- If you have suggestions for stuff we missed, put them in the comments. We'll consider adding them to the list.
- It's all open to your interpretation. If you're voting for Martin's BBQ, it's a vote for them as a whole and not just their awesome Belmont location.
- Rather than do some really long NCAA-style tournament, we did it like Formula 1 qualifying.
Due to the obscene knockout by Peg Leg Porker for the #10 spot, we're going forward with the penultimate stage. Peg Leg Porker destroyed the elimination round, which was created from the ashes of Round 2.
- Two semifinal votes will be held to create the final four entries.
- The top two choices move on to the finals.
- The semifinals are seeded based on Round 2:
1. Martin's Barbecue Joint
2. Prince's Hot Chicken
3. Loveless Cafe
4. Hattie B's
5. Burger Republic
6. The Pharmacy
7. M.L. Rose
8. Arnold's Country Kitchen
9. Puckett's Grocery
10. Peg Leg Porker
(and click on the establishment to access their information at Eater.com)
- From the top 10, we're splitting them up into 2 semifinals
- Voting will run until Monday, August 31st.