What was a low scoring affair in Vancouver proved to be an exciting one. The Predators came away with a crucial win in this one tonight.
The game's first goal did not too long as Craig Smith puts one past Ryan Miller very early in the first period. It didn't take too long for the Canucks to tie things up as Brandon Sutter scored to pull even. The first period ended in a 1-1 tie.
The second period saw multiple chances from both teams, but neither were able to convert. The Preds had a good opportunity at the end of the period, but just couldn't punch one in.
It took almost the entire third period, but Nashville broke the tie with a snipe from James Neal. In the end, two goals were enough for the Predators in this one.
- These west coast games are brutal. Why are 9 pm games allowed in the central time zone. Needless to say, coffee was needed to get through this one tonight.
- Well that didn't too long! This was the type of start the Nashville has been needing for a long time.
- Although it was early in the game, Pekka Rinne looked a lot calmer than previous games. He seems to have settled into the position and play like we know he can play. I don't hold the Sutter goal against him. Rinne just barely missed it.
- That fight was intense. They literally went blow for blow. You have to appreciate the urgency in both teams wanting to get two points out of this game.
- Great start to the second period by Nashville. After they scored the first goal of the game, they kind of fell into a shell and couldn't get anything going. I am glad to see that intensity coming out of the break in the second.
- With Colorado most likely getting a loss tonight, points from now on are extremely crucial. Cause you know, that needs to be said.
- Is it better to have a game where you can't get many shots on net on the first of a back to back, or the second game? Either way, I never thought I would be saying this team needs to shoot more.
- I am extremely happy that the two teams have decided to play this game with minimal stoppages. Once again, this 9 pm start time is brutal guys.
- HEEL JAMES NEAL!!!!!
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Craig Smith: He gave the Predators the start they needed with a very early goal.
- James Neal: Heel James Neal came through with a huge goal in the third.
- Pekka Rinne: He came up big tonight when his team needed it the most.
Tweets Of The Night
It's all ready for the All Stars! pic.twitter.com/dHg2YQEVDZ— Pete Weber (@PeteWeberSports) January 27, 2016
@OnTheForecheck if this game was milk, it would be 1%— Brett Garrett Meeks (@meeks102) January 27, 2016
Roll the video highlights...