Morale had to be pretty low heading into the Staples Center following an embarrassing 6-1 loss to the Anaheim Ducks the night before.
However, the Predators played much better in Los Angeles than they did in Anaheim. Pekka Rinne played a solid game stopping 42 of 45 shots, but unfortunately that wasn’t enough to bring home a win for the Predators.
Nashville did get a goal from Craig Smith and a short hander from Viktor Arvidsson but could not score in overtime and fell 3-2 to the Kings. Nashville killed off a power play in the overtime period but could not generate any offense. The Predators lost a league-high 12 overtime games last season and seemingly picked up right where they left off in 2015.
- No Matt Carle tonight - he has had a rough start to the season. Matt Irwin getting the start in his place.
- Love the aggression from Watson. Nothing like a fight to get inject some energy into a team that gave up six goals the previous night.
- When will this Filip Forsberg goal drought end?
- Two periods down, and its tied 1-1. So that’s good.
- Gosh Viktor Arvidsson is so much fun to watch.
- Pekka has to stop those kinds of goals, that one should not have snuck through like that.
- Arvidsson has four times as many goals on the season as Forsberg. Just like we all predicted.
- Great, overtime. Here we go again...
- Nice penalty kill there in OT.
- Well good news is the Predators earned a point. Bad news they STILL can’t get an overtime win.
Tweets of the Night
Filip Forsberg cannot buy a goal right now.— Robby Stanley (@RStanleyNHL) October 28, 2016
James. JAMES. Why can't you be more like your brother, James? pic.twitter.com/V810WEsSmR— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) October 28, 2016