Mike Fisher kicked off the scoring with a goal in the first period. That lead didn’t last long as Mikko Rantanen tied things back up for the Avalanche shortly after. That’s how the period ended.
The second period scoring got off to a quick start as Viktor Arvidsson snipes one to give the Preds the lead back once again. Kevin Fiala added another one shortly after to give the Predators a 3-1 lead. Rene Bourque pulled Colorado within a goal late in the second period to swing the momentum at the end of the frame.
The Preds got on the board quickly, again, at the beginning of the third period as Ryan Johansen weaved his way through to score a beauty. Austin Watson added another one just minutes after Joey to put Nashville up 5-2. That lead wouldn’t last too long as Mikhail Grigorenko brought the Avs back within two. That was the last goal of the game as the Preds win this one 5-3.
- Did the Avalanche fans know what time the game started tonight? Lots of empty seats on television tonight. Not a good look for Colorado.
- Calvin Pickard was giving up a lot of juicy rebounds tonight. It was only a matter of time before his shaky play cost him. He just looked....uneasy out there tonight.
- Did Willy Daunic just say he had Ariana Grande’s, Side to Side, on his playlist? What is going on right now??
- Let’s also not overlook that pass by P.K. Subban to setup the Arvy goal. What a beauty!
- I thought Fiala was going to score on the play before his goal. Puck don’t lie!
- If Arvidsson keeps playing the way he does for the rest of the season, how can the team not protect him? Seems like it would be the obvious choice for me.
- Man that was a silky smooth goal by Joey!
- When it rains, it pours!
OTF Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Austin Watson: Anyone who gets a Gordie Howe hat trick gets to be in here.
- Ryan Johansen: That goal alone, that he scored, was filthy.
- Viktor Arvidsson: This dude was everywhere tonight. Do I need to say more about his play as of late?
Tweets of the Night
It's Division Rivalry Night!— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) November 30, 2016
That mean's this is playing: pic.twitter.com/ibuy6YqqDs
This is your reminder that Juuse Saros's dad's name is Pekka. Like, it really is. #NSHvsCOL— Thomas Willis (@TomAWillis) November 30, 2016