The first period scoring got under way as the Arizona Coyotes struck first on a goal from Christian Dvorak. That lead didn’t last too long, however, due to Matt Irwin as he puts one in to tie things up late in the first. That’s how the opening period.
The second period started out kind of slow. That was until Craig Smith put one past the goalie. That was pretty much all the action the second period saw.
The third period scoring got under way with Anthony Duclair scoring one to tie things back up at 2-2. Regulation wasn’t enough time to settle this one as they headed into overtime.
All Predators’ fans dread overtime, and for good reason. The Predators looked quite good in 3 on 3, even getting a power play, but overtime wasn’t even enough to settle this one as the game had to be decided in a shootout.
In the shootout, no Preds were able to score as Coyotes win it on the stick of Duclair and Radim Vrbata.
- Is it just me, or did the Predators look really slow tonight. Looks like the road trip is finally wearing them down. Or maybe it’s just my NHL.tv feed. Either way, not a good look.
- Yea, as I write the previous statement, the Coyotes score. seems only fitting.
- Going back to the point of the Predators looking slow tonight, their shots don’t look very strong either. I seriously think I may have a bad GCL feed. At least that is what I am hoping for.
- Man, is Irwin going to be our savior on defense this year?
- Irwin was all over the place tonight. I really like what he has brought to this team so far. Let’s hope he can keep it up.
- For the record guys, I have no idea who scored that first goal for the Preds and neither does the NHL. So we got that going for us.
- That penalty on Cody Bass early in the second period was....odd. I feel like it looked a lot worse than what it actually was.
- Smith is our leading goal scorer guys! He has been on absolute fire as of late. His goal couldn’t have happened if it weren’t for P.K. Subban carrying the puck in and backing the defense off to allow Smith the space he needed to score that goal.
- The Predators have to learn to put bad teams away when they can. These are the types of games they have to win in a tough playoff race throughout the season.
- Man, Kevin Fiala sure does have a wicked shot.
- Oh no, overtime....
- This was the best I have seen Nashville play in extra time in a long time.
OTF Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Craig Smith: He added another goal tonight to continue his hot streak as of late.
- Matt Irwin: He also had a goal tonight as he further cements his place on the third line defensive pairing.
- P.K. Subban: He created the chance on the Smith goal, and it was a beauty.
Tweets of the Night
He wants a front office job with the Predators after he retires. https://t.co/fo1t20qt4E— Jim Diamond (@diamondhockey) November 4, 2016
We saw this movie last year. pic.twitter.com/AdwWLdPD85— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) November 4, 2016
Matt Irwin also doesn't know who scored that goal— Marya (@_marya_k) November 4, 2016
Cody Bass, so tough. Brings a lot to the penalty box— Link (@3DLink) November 4, 2016