The Nashville Predators continued their first period struggles. The Preds got off to a sluggish start and were lucky to only be down 1-0 after the first.
Pekka Rinne played out of his mind tonight. Everyone has been worried about his rough couple of starts in December, but tonight he redeemed himself. He kept Nashville in this one long enough to figure themselves out and start scoring.
Although it was off a deflection, Filip Forsberg scored, tying it up 1-1. Matt Irwin with the assist continues to play some good hockey for Nashville. In overtime, the Preds looked far better tonight than they have recently in the 3-on-3 overtime format. Nashville survived overtime and to the shootout for the second straight game.
Ryan Ellis scores for the Preds and Pekka Rinne shuts out the Flyers. A much needed win, and a road win at that! Suddenly this team has confidence. Bring the dads on every road game!
- The Preds really need a win here in the worst way
- No P.K. for the next two games. Let’s hope everything is better with Petter
- That MacDonald goal is the type of thing the Preds need to stop allowing to happen
- Bad first period for Nashville
- DO NOT put the Flyers on the power play
- On the bright side, Pekka Rinne has played really well this game
- So much for the highest scoring offense in the Western Conference...
- Was tha...*checks score sheet* Yes that was Forsberg who scored!
- Man, Flyers fans complain if you even breathe in the direction of a Flyers player
- After a rough first period, give the Preds credit - they battled back, tied it up, and sent the game to overtime. Thats at least one point for those of you keeping score at home
- The Preds looked a lot better in overtime tonight than they did Saturday or probably ever since the 3-on-3 started.
- Ryan. Ellis. Just. Scored.
OTF’s Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Pekka Rinne - Pekka stopped 31 of 32 shots and he was THE reason the Preds hung in this game and ultimately pulled out the win. Yes, he did have a bad start to December. However, this game looks promising and hopefully Rinne has found his mojo again.
- Ryan Ellis - Ellis won the game for Nashville in the shootout. Ellis is an offensively gifted defenseman, and hopefully Laviolette will use him and Roman Josi more during shootouts.
- Filip Forsberg - Don’t look now, but Filip Forsberg has two goals in his last four games after having just two in 27 previous games.
Tweets of the Night
@ these people tweeting "PEKKA" when you know good and well you was sayin how much you didn't like him last week. Don't dis my man #Preds— Khylee (@khyleecheyenne) December 20, 2016
Filip Forsberg finally scores a goal. Its a Christmas miracle. #Preds— Kevin Burke (@kevinjburke423) December 20, 2016
If Succop can kick a concrete block 53 yards off an ice covered arctic zone, surely the Preds can win a game in OT...— Mickey Ryan (@MickeyRyan1045) December 20, 2016