This was not what the Nashville Predators had in mind after coming off sweeping their two-game road trip against the Flyers and Devils.
The Preds, who have been a notoriously bad road team this year, were looking forward to getting back home where they have traditionally played their best hockey. Nick Shore had other plans, getting the Kings on the board first 6:33 into the game.
The second period was a little better, Nashville tightened up defensively and minimzed the Los Angeles scoring chances.
The third period is when the wheels fell off. Within the span of eight seconds, Nick Dowd and Jeff Carter crushed the Christmas dreams of many Predator fans. Just for fun, Devin Setoguchi made it a four goal lead for the Kings - who are taking their nine-game road trip in the middle of the holiday season frustration out on the Predators.
- No Pernell Karl for the fourth straight game
- Way to go Ribeiro! (sarcasm font)
- The Preds give up the first goal of the game for the 712th time this season
- Well bad news is the Preds are trailing entering the second period, the good news is it’s only by one goal
- How many scoring chances has Kevin Fiala seen tonight?!
- How did that Dowd goal sneak by Pekka?
- Great, lets just give up two goals in :08. I know Christmas is the giving season, but jeez.
- I thought the Preds were better at home?
- 4-0? Well so much for all that momentum from that two-game road trip...
- At least there’s the Christmas break. Maybe Santa will bring this team some good juju for the rest of the season
OTF’s Super Duper Stars on the Night
- Viktor Arvidsson - there is only one star tonight. Nobody else was even worthy of being mentioned. Arvidsson almost had his fifth short-handed goal of the season. He played hard every shift and tried to make things happen out there.
- Kevin Fiala - he had so many good looks tonight, and he has been playing really well the last couple of games. Fiala is dead set on never seeing Milwaukee again. Much like with Forsberg, give him some time and the goals will come.
Nobody else was worthy of a third star.
Tweets of the Night
Viktor Arvidsson doing his best to stay in the camera shot. #Preds #LAKvsNSH pic.twitter.com/Tj3VYHVm9C— FOX Sports Tennessee (@PredsOnFSTN) December 23, 2016
Have to give Peter Budaj credit for his strong play. I guess you live by the sword and Budaj by the sword. Not my best, I know.— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) December 23, 2016
when you suddenly remember that embarrassing thing you did 14 years ago pic.twitter.com/Azi80cPho6— PumperNicholl (@PumperNicholl) December 23, 2016
Is it too late to bring the dads back?— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) December 23, 2016
This game is going to hell in a handbasket— Caroline (@carolianne_) December 23, 2016