Mike Fisher opened up the scoring for the Preds in the first period with a rocket of a wrist shot. With a period full of decent action. In the second, J.T. Brown brought the Bolts back even with a goal on a second chance opportunity. Shortly after, Nikita Kucherov scored again to give the Lightning the 2-1 lead half way through the game.
Luckily for the Preds, James Neal came to play. He got them even with a snipe. Not too long after, Filip Forsberg capitalized on an amazing shot to put the Preds back up by a goal. Steven Stamkos tied the game up in the final seconds of regulation.
The game was forced to go to overtime where Tyler Johnson got the point for Tampa. Another overtime, and another point squandered by the Predators.
- I loved seeing the pressure from Nashville early on. They caused quite a few turnovers and had a couple of good chances off the get go.
- On a side note. There seems to be a good amount of Preds' fans in the lower bowl tonight. Or maybe Tampa fans just love wearing gold. Either way, I love seeing the gold presence in opposing arenas.
- Damn, Fisher's still got it!
- The Preds team that showed up in the first period is what this team could be. The potential is there, they just need to find a way to put it all together consistently for 60 minutes.
- Oww. I am sure that shot Ryan Johansen took off his back is going to leave a bruise tomorrow. He looked like he was in quite a bit of pain coming out of the zone.
- I did not realize how many Swedes were playing in this game until the WIlly and Stu mentioned that Lidstrom was in the building scouting for team Sweden. There is definitely a Swedish takeover happening in this game tonight.
- Fisher had himself a heck of a game. He scored that beauty of a goal in the first period and then he drew a well timed penalty in the second period. As I mentioned before, he's still got it.
- Pekka Rinne made a great initial save on Brown's goal. He just couldn't make the second save off the rebound. Tough break for them there. No excuse on the second goal by Tampa though. Rinne should have had that one. No questions asked.
- Well this game turned quickly in the second. Horrible, horrible neutral zone breakdown by Ellis and Ekholm on that second goal by Tampa. Equally bad play by Rinne.
- Wow! What a goal by James Neal. I love having a sniper on this team. It makes a world of difference when you have a player that can pick his own shot. Also, that is at least twenty goals scored in all of his seasons in the NHL.
- Holy Hell what a goal by Forsberg! And can we talk about the two awesome passes by Roman Josi to set up the second and third goal for the Preds?!
- What!? No Carter Hutton for the in game interview. I guess we can deal with papa Hutton. #HeyThanksForHavingMeGuys
- Hot Take Alert: Stamkos is good guys.
- I guess it's only fitting that these two teams go to overtime once again this season.
- Try not to think about how many points the Predators have left on the table after regulation this year. (Hint: 10. It's 10 points.)
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Mike Fisher: He played fantastic tonight. A goal and some a drawn penalty.
- James Neal: What a snipe for his goal. Am I right?
- Filip Forsberg: Just filthy. That is all.
Tweets Of The Night
1-0, Fisher. pic.twitter.com/6O4KTDPskE— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) February 13, 2016
The Lightning, scoring twice in less than two minutes, are rolling now. The Predators need to weather this. (Pun.)— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) February 13, 2016
Scene - Summertime:— On The Forecheck (@OnTheForecheck) February 13, 2016
"David, remember that time I tied the game against you team?" pic.twitter.com/IgqmPDRisn
Roll the video highlights...