The Predators played one of their better games of the playoffs.
Just like after game four against Anaheim, Nashville dropped another one and now it's a question of what happens next.
Down 0-2 for the fourth time in franchise history, finding the back of the net has to be on the back of the Predators minds coming back home to Nashville. The entire top six outside of Colin Wilson and Ryan Johansen aren't looking sharp right now and obviously aren't getting the best of chances either.
What could be more frustrating is San Jose's ability to completely clog up the shooting lanes whenever Nashville enters for into the offensive zone. While they were able to get a slew of chances on Martin Jones late into the second and through most of the third, the Sharks lock down defensively.
Nashville's done very well at home this season and have done just as well coming face-to-face with adversity. They bounced back after a frustrating stretch of nearly three months to start the season and last round when losing three straight to Anaheim.
There's no question that this series is far from being over, especially since the Predators were the better team on the ice tonight. When you can't capitalize on your chances, though, you'll find yourself losing more often than not.
Tuesday will be an interesting evening. The Predators have to pull out a win.
- Not liking the start Nashville's having here. They quickly need to get better.
- Rinne making some great saves here.
- Ok, so the Predators have started firing back in the second half of the period.
- It's bad that the power play just can't convert.
- PEKKA RINNE MY GOD
- Chance after chance, just nothing to show for it...
- Roman Josi jumps into the wrong bench. Yeah, I haven't seen that happen before.
- Shea Weber nearly kills Marc-Edouard Vlasic. Thank god he had that visor on!
- Unreal. Nashville allows SO many last minute goals...
- PEKKA. On SPALING. Wow...
- This third period is all Predators right now. They have to tie it up.
- EKHOLM! What a goal. And all that movement by Roman Josi and Colin Wilson.
- Weber loses Joe Pavelski for half a second and he buries it. All that forward momentum for the game to probably end on that.
- Empty netter. Preds going to go down 2-0.
- Garbage goal by Johansen. Nashville has to score in a record 3.6 seconds to tie it.
- Nope, see you back in Nashville.
OTF's Three Stars of the Night
- Pekka Rinne - He only had 22 saves on 24 shots, but without Rinne this game is a 4-1 or 5-1 game. Rinne made some unreal saves for the fourth straight game, but just didn't get any goal support.
- Joe Pavelski - Three point night for Little Joe and he's done just about everything he can to help San Jose jump out to a 2-0 lead on Nashville
- Roman Josi - Just a fantastic effort from Josi tonight. Credited with two assists he absolutely deserved, Josi continually shows why he's one of the best defensemen in the league.
Tweets of the Night
Coach Laviolette says tonight's game was the best his team looked since Game 6 vs. ANA. Looking forward to coming home and playing in NSH.— Brooks Bratten (@brooksbratten) May 2, 2016