This was an elimination game that did not disappoint by any means as Nashville faced a do or die game.
The game scoring did not start the way Nashville would have hoped. Chris Tierney started the scoring for San Jose half way through the first period. Tierney then scored his second of the game shortly after. Roman Josi brought the Preds back within one late in the first.
Ryan Johansen wasted little time in the second period as he tied the game up early in the second period. The second period ended just like that at 2-2 in what was probably one of the most exciting periods of hockey I have seen.
Logan Couture broke the tie half way through the third period with a power play goal. The lead did not last long though as Colin Wilson scored to tie things up once again. Some more chances were traded, but regulation ended in a tie.
In OT, Viktor Arvidsson sealed the deal for Nashville to guarantee one more game this season.
See you Thursday Folks!
- Man the Preds started exactly how they needed to. They were aggressive and played the body well. San Jose just kept getting bodies in front of the net to block everything the Preds were throwing at the net in the first half of the opening period. Granted they have to shoot a lot more to have a chance for a puck to get through.
- The Preds started to look tired in the first. That is not a good indicator for the rest of the game no matter who you are.
- Josi has been making things happen all season. It is about time he made something happen in this series for the Predators.
- Joey has produce from a point perspective this series, but not really when it counted. He finally got a timely goal tonight to tie the game for the Preds when they needed it the most.
- Holy cow were the Preds swarming at the end of the second or what?!? I love seeing that type of sense of urgency from a team on the brink of elimination.
- The second period was everything that playoff hockey is all about. Intensity = great, pace = great, the crowd = unbelievable.
- Special teams have absolutely killed Nashville this series. The power play hasn't been scoring and the penalty kill can't stop anything.
- Playoff Colin Wilson everyone!!!
- Overtime, why not, right??
- Mike Ribeiro has become a shell of his former self. He just can't get anything going, and everytime he is out there, I feel like it is a liability. But that's just my opinion.
- Is it odd that I get really nervous every time Donskoi comes down the ice with the puck? I know I shouldn't be, but I feel like he has been calling his shots this whole seires.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Colin Wilson: He just continues to do wonders in the playoffs.
- Viktor Arvidsson: The game winner was on his stick.
- Ryan Johansen: He scored a very timely goal to get the Preds back in this.
Tweets Of The Night
Thirteen minutes into a must-win game, the Predators have as many shots as the Sharks goals.— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) May 10, 2016
You guys remember what happened the last time a hockey game in Nashville went to overtime, right?— SB Nation NHL (@SBNationNHL) May 10, 2016
Roll the video highlights...