Inexplicably, the Predators saved their worst game of the year for last. They were never, ever in this game. After going down 2-0 in the 1st period, the Sharks simply out-classed the Preds, out-shooting them 27-20 in the game. The Sharks took advantage of nearly every mistake the Preds made, of which there were plenty. Predators captain Shea Weber, known for his "lead by example" approach, was simply terrible. His early 2nd period mistake led to the 3rd Sharks goal and that was pretty much it. His partner Roman Josi was almost as bad. The forwards were non-existent: they might as well have been back home in Nashville. Which is where they are now headed.
Joe Pavelski, Joel Ward, Logan Couture, Joe Thornton, and Patrick Marleau scored for the Sharks.
I have no other words for this awful, awful game.
- If the game plan was to "let San Jose do whatever the hell they want for the first 10 minutes and then take a delay of game penalty to make it worse" then the Preds get an A++++++
- Pavelski scores a power-play goal and the Sharks go up 1-0. But really, the entire 1st period has been a PK, so I'm not sure it was much of an advantage. Nashville cannot even find the puck right now.
- The chances and shots and puck possession are all with SJ. The Preds would be doing good to get out of this period only down 1-0.
- And of course they won't. Josi made a risky (bad) move at the blue-line to keep the puck away from Ward, but Ward got by and scored on Rinne. The game is almost literally hanging by a thread. It won't take much for San Jose to pull away. They nearly have.
- Shots are 17 to mother bleeping 3. Come. On.
- Shea Weber with an awful, awful turnover and the Sharks lead 3-0 at the beginning of the 2nd period. What in the balls.
- I have absolutely no explanation for how bad this is. For a team to battle so ruthlessly in games 1-6 and then completely pancake in game 7 is unbelievable to me. And for the leaders of this team, the captain, the defense, the forwards, all of them, to just lay down and putter around the ice until they can go home, is absolutely disgusting.
- Misery has a new name and it is "Game 7"
- Cue "Comfortably Numb" and a tub of Haagen-Dazs.
OTF's Super Duper Stars of the Game
Tweets of the Night
Pekka’s first save on Wingels looked like I do when a moth is flying right at me— Link (@3DLink) May 13, 2016
Looks like Nashville is gonna get canceled twice today— Zack Bennett (@ZackTN) May 13, 2016
I've run out of curse words.— Krazy Kyle (@krazykylepreds) May 13, 2016
Roll the video highlights...