The Predators were due an overtime playoff game seeing as how they did not have one through their first 10 post season games this year and they got one, and then some, on Thursday night against the Sharks.
It could have been a boring game that backed it's way into overtime but that was not the case whatsoever. The Preds jumped out to an extremely early lead then fell behind late in the third period but managed to tie things up and push the game into overtime.
Pekka Rinne was exceptional in goal throughout the entire contest and kept the Preds afloat in the extra frames. The Preds kept punching away before Mike Fisher netted his second goal of the night and fourth of the post season to give Nashville the win and tie the series up at two games a piece.
- I wonder if playoff Colin Wil.....oh there he is, getting the Preds on the board just 41 seconds into the contest.
- Brent Burns from along the boards. That is one Pekka Rinne is going to want back, that's for sure. The momentum was all Nashville's now it is dwindled just over two minutes after the Wilson tally.
- Well, the goals have been found. Mike Fisher cleans up the garbage off of a Neal shot for his third of the post season.
- Neal is feeling it, to say the least. He is all over the place, and with the puck on his stick more often than not.
- Joonas Donskoi ties things up for the Sharks on the power play. Filip Forsberg could not manage to dump the puck and the Sharks made him pay late in the man advantage. The goal went under review for offsides, but it stood as the ref said Joel Ward had tagged up.
- Justin Braun goes to the box to give the Preds their second PP with 1:30 left in the second after he caught Fisher around the neck battling in the crease. This is big.
- Burns takes a penalty just after the Braun penalty expires in the opening minute of the third period.
- Annnnnnd, nothing for Nashville.
- Let's just see how many penalties we can commit in a five-minute span, eh? Miikka Salomaki goes to the box for boarding Logan Couture.
- Pekka Rinne. Big boy saves during that Sharks' man advantage.
- OH, ANOTHER PENALTY BY NASHVILLE. Barrett Jackman to the box just seconds after the Salomaki penalty was killed off
- AND five seconds into the power play the Sharks take the lead. Mr. Burns.
- Third post of the night for the Preds, this one from Ekholm. Where are you, friendly bounces?
- The. Real. Deal. Neal ties things up at 3-3 with 4:21 left in regulation. To OT we go.
- Sharks get the first great chance but the big Finn somehow keeps the puck out despite the huge scrum. This is when all of your hearts nearly stopped.
- Ryan Johansen. Fourth post for the Preds tonight. Awesome.
- Rinne, Rinne and more Rinne. Massive stops throughout the opening half of the OT period.
- So the Sharks scored but Pavelski rammed into Rinne but while falling poked it home with his stick. It was ruled no goal on the ice and after review it was ruled goalie interference and the Preds are alive and well.
- Power play. Preds. Do the thing. Marc-Edouard Vlasic sends one over the glass.
- Martin Jones happened on the power play. Big stops by the Sharks' netminder.
- Joe Thornton to the box 2:56 into the second OT for a high-stick.
- Shea Weber gets sent to the box with 2:30 left in the second OT after catching Paul Martin with a high-stick.
- *Grabs second cup of coffee, puts mug to lips, Fisher scores, new stain on the living room floor* Mr. Underwood with the game winner in triple overtime; thank you, thank you so much.
OTF'S Three Stars of the Night
1. Mike Fisher: Two goals including the game winner, five shots on net and five hits is good enough for me.
2. Pekka Rinne: He stopped 44 of the 47 shots he faced including 10 high-danger shots. He kept Nashville in the game through all two overtimes and some change. The big Finn was unbelievable.
3. James Neal: He tied the game up late in the third to push the game into overtime. He was all over the place, in a good way, all night long and ended the night with one goal and a helper to go along with eight shots on net.
Tweets of the Game
Dudes literally just falling out of the Preds bench after 3OT win pic.twitter.com/safKYtUE8x— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) May 6, 2016
So what is offsides??— Brandt Snedeker (@BrandtSnedeker) May 6, 2016